Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
To assemble, smear hoisin on a pancake, spoon in stir-fry, and roll like a burrito. Vegans can substitute rice paper wrappers and swap baked tofu strips for the eggs and agave syrup for the honey. Recipe by Kirstin Uhrenholdt.
1. To make Sauce: Combine all ingredients in jar, close lid, and shake to combine. Set aside.
2. To make Filling: Whisk together eggs, soy sauce, and sesame oil in bowl. Heat 1 1/2 tsp. vegetable oil in wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add eggs, swirl to spread over pan, and cook 1 minute. Flip with spatula, and cook 1 minute more. Slide onto cutting board, and slice into thin strips. Set aside.
3. Wipe out wok or skillet, add remaining 1 1/2 tsp. oil, and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and ginger; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes, or until onion begins to soften. Add mushrooms and garlic, and stir-fry 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are golden. Add cabbage, snow peas, carrots, and green onions; stir-fry 2 minutes more. Stir in Sauce, and simmer 2 to 3 minutes, or until Sauce thickens. Fold egg strips into stir-fry mixture. Transfer to serving platter, and serve with warm moo shu pancakes, lettuce leaves (if using), and hoisin sauce.
- Calories 119
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 35 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 278 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g