We've skipped the crust to cut down on fat and calories in this savory main-dish pie with subtle basil flavor.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 10 oz. button mushrooms, sliced (4 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 10-oz. pkg. frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp. dried basil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat 9-inch quiche dish or pie pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms, and cook, stirring often, until liquid has evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic, and stir 1 minute. Transfer mushroom mixture to prepared dish.
3. In medium bowl, beat eggs to blend, then stir in ricotta and milk. Add to mushroom mixture in dish along with broccoli, tomatoes, and basil. Mix well.
4. Bake until filling is set, 50 to 55 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly. Cut into quarters, and serve warm.
- Calories: 181
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Cholesterol Content: 117 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 110 mg