Try using a variety of fresh herbs in this colorful, tasty dish.
- 8 oz. baby Yukon gold or small new potatoes
- 16 baby carrots
- 1 lb. thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (3 cups)
- 4 oz. sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 8 small radishes, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 scallions (white and light green parts), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10-oz. box frozen fava beans or baby lima beans, thawed
- 2/3 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon
In medium saucepan, combine potatoes and enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool. Cut potatoes into quarters.
Meanwhile, in large saucepan, bring 6 cups lightly salted water to a boil. Add carrots and cook for 2 minutes; add asparagus and snap peas and cook for 2 minutes; add radishes and cook for 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool.
In wide saucepan or deep skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add scallions, fava beans, cooked potatoes and blanched vegetables, stirring to glaze with oil. Pour in broth and bring to a simmer. Stir in parsley, lemon juice, tarragon and salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Let stand for several minutes. Serve warm.
- Calories: 290
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 393 mg