Most baked marinated tofu is packaged in four pieces. If not, slice lengthwise into four equal slabs.
- 10 oz. baked marinated tofu, cut lengthwise into 4 equal pieces (see recipe headnote)
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs. mirin
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced scallion tops
- 1 tsp. dark sesame oil
- 3 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 6 scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus additional for garnish
- 1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
Make dipping sauce: In small bowl, mix all sauce ingredients. Set aside.
In small skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Add ginger; stir well. Add scallions, bell peppers and tamari and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 cup chopped cilantro. Set aside.
In large skillet, heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add curry powder and stir well. Add tofu slices in single layer and cook until golden, turning once, about 2 minutes per side. Remove to paper towels and drain.
Holding knife parallel to work surface, slice each piece of tofu horizontally about three-quarters of the way through. Place tofu on plates. Gently lift top of 1 piece of tofu and spoon some vegetable mixture over bottom portion. Replace top of tofu and sprinkle with additional chopped cilantro. Repeat with remaining tofu, vegetable mixture and cilantro. Serve with dipping sauce.
- Calories: 95
- Carbohydrate Content: 4 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 346 mg