Mushrooms lend themselves well to wine pairings. An earthy risotto with full-flavored mushrooms such as shiitakes calls for a rich American Pinot. If you are aiming for a milder palate, select a wine with a lighter taste such as a leaner Burgundy.
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 20 parsley leaves
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 russet potato, peeled, diced and blanched
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 20 fresh fava beans, blanched
- 1 fresh piquillo pimento or 1 canned pimento, finely chopped
- 20 green peas, fresh or frozen
Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add shallot, garlic, and parsley leaves, and cook for about 2 minutes, or until just softened. Add onion and celery, and cook, stirring, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add potato and corn, and continue to cook for 2 minutes more. Add favas, pimento, and peas, and stir together. Season to taste with salt and pepper, heat through, and serve on side.
- Calories: 140
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 50 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g