This alternative to store-bought vegetarian fish sauce will keep up to one week in the refrigerator.
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbs. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (4 tsp.)
- 2 tsp. finely chopped red Thai bird chile
Stir 5 Tbs. boiling water into sugar in small bowl. Cool, then stir in remaining ingredients.
- Calories: 26
- Carbohydrate Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 178 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g