Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Each serving of this dish has four ounces of antioxidant-rich button mushrooms.
1. Bring broth and 2 cups water to a simmer in saucepan. Cover to keep hot.
2. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add rice, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until rice is opaque. Stir in 1 cup diluted broth, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until most liquid has evaporated, stirring often. Continue adding broth
1 cup at a time, cooking until liquid has evaporated between each addition. When last cup of broth is added, stir in beans. Cook 5 minutes more, or until beans are heated through. Season with salt and pepper, and keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and shallots, and sauté 3 to 5 minutes, or until mushrooms have released most of their liquid. Add wine, and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, or until liquid has evaporated and mushrooms sizzle. Reduce heat to medium, add garlic, and sauté 7 to 10 minutes, or until mushrooms are crispy and shallots are browned. Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Stir Parmesan into risotto. Divide among 4 plates, top with mushrooms and sprinkle with parsley. Pass extra Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Calories 247
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 4 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 433 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g