Jodi Taffel, an actor from Altadena, Calif., loves bringing this hearty lasagna to potluck dinners. She suggests adding whatever veggies you have on hand: “Don’t feel married to the ones I used. Be creative!”
- 4 cups steamed cauliflower florets
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.), divided
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- 2 cups low-fat ricotta cheese, divided
- 1 cup low-fat milk, divided
- 4 cups steamed broccoli florets
- 1 large eggplant, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 2 large yellow squash, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 1 large zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Purée cauliflower and 11/2 tsp. garlic in food processor until smooth. Remove to large bowl, and stir in 1 cup mozzarella, 1 cup ricotta, and 1/2 cup milk. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
2. Heat cauliflower purée in saucepan 3 to 4 minutes, or until warm. Place back in bowl, and wipe out saucepan.
3. Wipe out food processor, and add broccoli and remaining 11/2 tsp. garlic; purée until smooth. Remove to another large bowl, and stir in 1 cup mozzarella, remaining 1 cup ricotta, and remaining 1/2 cup milk. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Heat broccoli purée in saucepan 3 to 4 minutes, or until warm. Place back in bowl.
5. Spray 13- x 9-inch casserole dish with cooking spray. Add layer of eggplant and 1 cup cauliflower sauce. Add layer of yellow squash and 1 cup broccoli sauce. Add layer of zucchini and 1 cup cauliflower sauce. Repeat until you are out of veggies and top layer is either sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake 1 hour, then let rest 15 minutes before serving.
- Calories: 320
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Cholesterol Content: 64 mg
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10 g
- Sodium Content: 622 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g