- 1 lb. small beets (about 8)
- 4 oz. haricots vert or thin green beans
- 1 lb. small red potatoes
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, quartered lengthwise (optional)
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbs. minced shallots
- 2 Tbs. prepared horseradish
- 2 Tbs. sherry vinegar
- 2 Tbs. reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh dill
Preheat oven to 425°F. Wrap beets in foil and bake until tender when pierced, about 1 hour. Set aside to cool. Peel beets and cut into small wedges.
Bring medium saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add haricots vert and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer haricots vert to colander and rinse under cold running water; pat dry with paper towels. Pour off all but 3 inches water from pan and place steamer basket inside. Add potatoes, cover and steam over medium-high heat until tender when tested with a fork, about 20 minutes. Let cool slightly, then cut each potato into quarters.
Make dressing: In medium bowl, combine shallots, horseradish, vinegar, sour cream and mustard. Whisk in oil, 1 tablespoon at a time, until well blended. Season with salt and pepper. (Vegetables and dressing can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Cover separately and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before using.)
Just before serving, stir dill into dressing. In large bowl, toss beets, beans and potatoes with 1/4 cup of dressing. Mound beet salad on plates and garnish with eggs, if using, and tomatoes. Serve remaining dressing separately.
- Calories: 317
- Carbohydrate Content: 39 g
- Cholesterol Content: 318 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 201 mg