This warm stove-top pudding packs a punch of deep chocolate flavor. It’s the perfect recipe for a quick company dessert or a simple nighttime treat.
- 3/4 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 3 Tbs. cornstarch
- 2 1/4 cups unsweetened hazelnut or almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz. vegan semisweet chocolate, chopped
Whisk together brown sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Gradually stir in hazelnut milk, whisking constantly to combine. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute, or until mixture thickens. Stir in vanilla, and remove from heat. Add chopped chocolate, and let stand 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
- Calories: 345
- Carbohydrate Content: 52 g
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 76 mg
- Sugar Content: 42 g