Vermicelli with Three Mushrooms and Three Onions
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 medium leeks (white and light green parts), halved lengthwise, rinsed well and thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 oz. button mushrooms, sliced (1 cup)
- 2 oz. shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced (1 cup)
- 2 oz. portobello mushrooms, stemmed and sliced (1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 12 oz. dried vermicelli or angel hair pasta
- 4 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. olive oil
Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat for pasta.
Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, leeks and both onions and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes. Add all mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
Add soy milk, oregano, rosemary, seasoned salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, just until mixture comes to a boil, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
Add pasta to boiling water; stir to prevent sticking. Cook according to package directions until just tender. Drain pasta; divide among plates. Spoon mushroom mixture over pasta and serve hot.
- Calories 290
- Carbohydrate Content 48 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 338 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g