The dressing for this herb-laced salad is a simple combination of lime juice and sweet chile sauce, which can be found in Asian markets or the international aisle of most well-stocked grocery stores.
- 4 oz. thin rice noodles
- 6 Tbs. sweet chile sauce
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 3 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 2 rainbow carrots, sliced into thin coins (1 cup)
- 3/4 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup toasted unsalted cashews, chopped
1. Prepare rice noodles according to package directions. Drain in colander, and rinse under cold water until completely cooled.
2. Stir together sweet chile sauce and lime juice in measuring cup or small bowl.
3. Combine noodles, cabbage, carrots, chickpeas, cilantro, and mint in large bowl. Add chile sauce mixture, and toss to coat. Garnish with toasted cashews.
- Calories: 285
- Carbohydrate Content: 51 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 334 mg
- Sugar Content: 13 g