Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Margee Berry, of White Salmon, Wash., created this colorful Waldorf salad after being inspired by the abundant fresh produce and other ingredients at her local farmers’ market.
1. Bring 1 cup water to a boil in medium saucepan. Stir in couscous, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 8 minutes, or until all water is absorbed. Fluff with fork, and transfer to large bowl to cool.
2. Whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper in small bowl.
3. Stir apples, celery, cherries, hazelnuts, and dressing into couscous. Top with blue cheese.
- Calories 277
- Carbohydrate Content 35 g
- Cholesterol Content 3 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 209 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g