- 1/2 kabocha or red kuri squash sliced into 8 1/2-inch-thick crescents, or 8 1/2-inch-thick rings delicata squash
- 8 2-inch cauliflower florets, halved so one side is flat
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 9-oz. red Gala apple cored and quartered: 3 quarters sliced into wedges; 1 quarter diced
- 1/2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 21/2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 gem lettuces, leaves separated
1. Preheat oven to 500°F. Coat large baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange squash and cauliflower, flat-side down, on baking sheet. Spray vegetables, and sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired. Roast 5 minutes. Flip, and roast 5 to 6 minutes more, or until just tender.
2. Meanwhile, blend 1/2 cup chickpeas, diced apple, apple juice concentrate, oil, vinegar, mustard, and garlic in blender until very smooth. Season dressing with salt
and pepper, if desired.
3. Toss lettuce leaves, remaining chickpeas, and 1/3 cup dressing in large bowl. Divide among four plates. Top with squash, cauliflower, and apple wedges. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
- Serving Size: 2 squash wedges and 1 cup salad
- Calories: 318
- Carbohydrate Content: 50 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 256 mg
- Sugar Content: 24 g