To save time, you can substitute canned cannellini beanstwo 19-ounce cans, rinsed and drained.
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups dried cannellini beans or other white beans
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup freshly cooked or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium stalk celery, diced (1/2 cup)
In large pot, combine beans and cold water to cover by 2 inches. Cover and let stand for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Drain beans and return to pot. Add broth, wine and onion and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until beans are tender, about 2 hours.
Drain beans and place in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve warm.
- Calories: 269
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Sodium Content: 175 mg