If you double the recipe, you can have an excellent lunch served at room temperature the next day.
- 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. olive oil, preferably extra-virgin
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 1/2 stalks celery, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 4 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15-oz.) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 13-oz. can artichoke hearts in water, drained and quartered
- 8 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and thinly sliced 1/4 cup)
- 2 to 4 Tbs. vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or more to taste
- 3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
In medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-low heat. Add onion and celery and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 8 minutes.
Add garlic and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Stir in chickpeas, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, broth and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is warmed through and flavors have blended, about 4 minutes.
Remove pan from heat. Stir in lemon juice, rosemary, pepper and remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Taste and add more salt if necessary. Serve warm.
- Calories: 368
- Carbohydrate Content: 64 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 15 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 994 mg