Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This salad can be made ahead of time and warmed in the microwave. Be careful not to use too much Liquid Smoke to flavor the tempeh.
1. To make Tempeh Bacon Crumbles: Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add tempeh, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until browned. Stir in soy sauce, molasses, and ketchup, and bring to a boil. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until mixture is dry. Stir in Liquid Smoke 1 drop at a time. Transfer tempeh to paper-towel-lined plate to drain.
2. To make Salad: Place potatoes in large pot of salted water; bring to a boil. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until just tender.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet over medium-heat, add onion, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until softened. Remove from heat, and whisk in vinegar and 1/3 cup water.
4. Drain potatoes, and transfer to large serving bowl. Stir onion mixture into potatoes. Sprinkle with Tempeh Bacon Crumbles and green onions. Serve warm.
- Calories 203
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 127 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g