You can use any combination of wild mushrooms in this satisfying salad.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. raspberry vinegar
- 2 dried apricots, very finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 8 oz. chanterelles or other mushrooms, sliced
- 5 to 6 Tbs. dry white wine
- 1/4 tsp. chopped fresh thyme or pinch of dried
- 4 cups mixed baby lettuces
To make Raspberry Vinaigrette: In large glass or ceramic bowl, whisk together all ingredients until well combined. Set aside to let flavors blend.
To make Warm Mushroom Salad: Meanwhile, in medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring often, until tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and thyme and cook, stirring often, until tender and they begin to release their juices, 4 to 5 minutes, adding wine as needed to prevent scorching. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
Add lettuces to vinaigrette and toss to coat. Divide among plates, then spoon mushrooms on top. Serve warm.
- Calories: 193
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 274 mg