Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This easy dessert was designed for a smaller (3- to 4-quart) slow cooker. If you’re using a larger model, double the recipe to ensure you have enough topping to cover the cobbler.
1. To make Filling: Spray inside of 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker with cooking spray. Toss together all ingredients in large bowl. Transfer to slow cooker.
2. To make Topping: Whisk together flour, 2 Tbs. sugar, thyme (if using), baking powder, and salt in bowl. Cut or rub shortening into flour until it resembles coarse meal. Stir in rice milk. Dot pieces of dough over fruit mixture. Lightly spray with cooking spray, and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp. sugar.
3. Place single layer of paper towel across top of slow cooker, extending over edges, and securing with lid. Cook 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours on high, or until Topping is puffed. Turn off slow cooker; remove lid and paper towel. Allow cobbler to sit, uncovered, 10 minutes, before serving. Garnish with pistachios.
- Calories 298
- Carbohydrate Content 57 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 176 mg
- Sugar Content 30 g