Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Think all potatoes taste the same? Then you probably haven’t tried thin, nutty fingerlings or round, robust-flavored purple potatoes, two varieties favored by organic farmers because they are resistant to disease.
1. Place potatoes in large pot, and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together mustard and vinegar. Add oil, and whisk until smooth. Stir in shallots.
3. Cut potatoes into large cubes while still hot, using rubber gloves to protect your hands. Toss with dressing and cheese in large bowl, and serve.
- Calories 155
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 16 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 149 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g