Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Pure synchronicity here—the millet and the Brussels sprouts cook in about the same amount of time for a flavorful warm salad.
1. Preheat oven to 475°F. Toss Brussels sprouts with 2 Tbs. oil in large bowl, and season with salt, if desired. Arrange sprouts in single layer in 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Roast 20 to 24 minutes, or until brown and tender, stirring once. Cool 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat large saucepan over medium heat. Add millet, and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden. Add 2 cups water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Transfer millet to large bowl. Cool 5 minutes. Fold Brussels sprouts, walnuts, cranberries, and parsley into millet.
3. Whisk together remaining 3 Tbs. oil, vinegar, syrup, lemon juice, and lemon zest in bowl. Stir into millet mixture, and season with salt, if desired.
- Calories 375
- Carbohydrate Content 42 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 22 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 26 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g