Warm Up with a Rose Cardamom Latte
This New Year’s, start your resolutions off strong with an Ayurvedic latte that enhances digestion! This delicious potion is great for a cozy night in and will keep your digestive fire burning bright.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 4 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- ½ teaspoon rose water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon natural beet-derived pink food coloring (optional for color)
- 1 teaspoon dried rose petals
- 1 pinch of saffron strands
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- In a small saucepan, combine non-dairy milk, cardamom, rose water, vanilla and optional pink food coloring and stir. Heat on medium-low until the milk is simmering and turn off heat. Discard cardamom pods and use a frother to create foam.
- Sprinkle with rose petals, saffron and fresh thyme. Enjoy!
These recipes originally appeared in Eat Feel Fresh: A Contemporary Plant-Based Ayurvedic Cookbook, by Sahara Rose.