Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
The distinctive heat of wasabi plays off the mildness of mashed potatoes.
1. Place potatoes in large saucepan, cover with cold water, then drain to rinse away some starch. Cover with fresh cold water, bring to a boil over medium heat, and boil 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and beginning to fall apart.
2. Warm milk, butter, and wasabi paste in small saucepan over medium-low heat until butter is melted. Whisk to combine.
3. Drain potatoes, and return to saucepan. Beat on low speed with electric mixer to break up. With electric mixer running, beat in milk mixture until potatoes are smooth and light. Season with salt, if desired. Serve garnished with green onions (if using).
- Calories 131
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 11 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 95 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g