Peppery watercress is a natural fit with Asian flavors—in fact, Asian grocery stores are good places to find inexpensive bunches of fresh watercress. Present this bright and refreshing salad on a platter to show off its beautiful colors.
- 3 Tbs. finely chopped shallots
- 3 Tbs. seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 6 cups trimmed watercress sprigs (2 bunches)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 tangerines, peeled, and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 large ripe avocado, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
1 Whisk together shallots, vinegar, vegetable oil, ginger, and sesame oil in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
2 Toss together watercress and mushrooms in large bowl with half of dressing. Spread salad out on medium platter. Tuck tangerine slices and avocado wedges in between watercress sprigs. Drizzle remaining dressing over salad.
- Calories: 241
- Carbohydrate Content: 23 g
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 171 mg
- Sugar Content: 14 g