Watercress, Avocado, and Tangerine Salad
Peppery watercress is a natural fit with Asian flavors—in fact, Asian grocery stores are good places to find inexpensive bunches of fresh watercress. Present this bright and refreshing salad on a platter to show off its beautiful colors.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 3 Tbs. finely chopped shallots
- 3 Tbs. seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 6 cups trimmed watercress sprigs (2 bunches)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 tangerines, peeled, and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 large ripe avocado, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
1. Whisk together shallots, vinegar, vegetable oil, ginger, and sesame oil in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
2. Toss together watercress and mushrooms in large bowl with half of dressing. Spread salad out on medium platter. Tuck tangerine slices and avocado wedges in between watercress sprigs. Drizzle remaining dressing over salad.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups
- Calories 241
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 171 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g