Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 large bunches watercress, coarse stems removed
- 3 cups peeled and julienned cooked beets
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. canola oil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread walnuts on baking sheet and toast in oven, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 7 minutes. Let cool.
In large bowl, combine watercress, beets, onion and toasted walnuts. Set aside.
Dressing: In small bowl, mix raspberry preserves, vinegar and oil until blended and smooth. Pour dressing over beet mixture, tossing to coat. Cover and let marinate at room temperature for 2 to 4 hours. Serve at room temperature.
- Calories 127
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 246 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g