We’ve added watercress to this classic French cold soup.
- 1 Tbs. butter
- 2 medium leeks, halved, white and light-green parts thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1 medium Russet or Yukon gold potato (6 oz.), peeled and diced
- 4 cups fresh watercress, plus more for garnish
- 3 Tbs. crème fraîche
1 Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks, cover, and cook 5 minutes, or until softened. Add potato and 3 cups water, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
2 Remove soup from heat, and stir in watercress. Cover, and let stand 1 minute, or until watercress is wilted, but still bright green. Blend with immer-sion blender until smooth, then stir in crème fraîche. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Chill before serving. Garnish with watercress sprigs.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 129
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Cholesterol Content: 23 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 51 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g