Wheat berries hold their shape and chewy texture in salads better than other whole grains. When taking on a trip, pack the dressing separately. You can serve it on top of any green salad.
1. To make Wheat Berry Salad: Bring 4 cups water to a boil in saucepan. Add wheat berries, reduce heat to low, and simmer, partially covered, 1 hour, or until grains are tender, adding more water as necessary. Cool in covered pan, then drain if necessary.
2. Toss together wheat berries, chickpeas, fennel, raisins, green onions, and olives. Refrigerate up to 3 days.
3. To make Honey-Balsamic Dressing: Place balsamic vinegar and honey in small plastic container with lid, cover, and shake to combine.
4. To serve: Toss arugula with 3 Tbs. Honey-Balsamic Dressing in bowl. Toss wheat berry mixture with goat cheese, pistachios and remaining dressing. Divide arugula among eight plates. Top with Wheat Berry Salad, and serve.
- Calories 343
- Carbohydrate Content 54 g
- Cholesterol Content 8 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 485 mg
- Sugar Content 19 g