Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Broiling makes quick work of blackening and roasting red bell peppers, which are then blended into a hearty dip served with crisped pita wedges.
1. Preheat broiler. Spray broiler tray with cooking spray. Rub outside of bell peppers with grapeseed oil. Place on broiler tray, and broil 6 to 8 minutes, or until skin is black and blistered all over, turning occasionally.
2. Transfer bell peppers to bowl, cover bowl with plastic wrap, and set aside 10 minutes.
3. Peel bell peppers, and remove seeds. Dice 1 bell pepper, and set aside.
4. Place remaining bell pepper, beans, 2 Tbs. olive oil, and paprika in bowl of food processor. Pulse until smooth. Stir in diced bell pepper and chives. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
5. Arrange half of pita triangles in single layer on broiler tray lined with foil. Drizzle with 1 tsp. olive oil, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Broil 2 to 3 minutes, or until pitas are crisp, rotating tray to prevent burning. Repeat with remaining pita triangles and olive oil.
- Calories 261
- Carbohydrate Content 41 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 390 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g