A classic Italian combo—white beans, roasted peppers, and watercress—gets the tartine treatment here. If the bean purée seems too thick to spread, add a couple of tablespoons of water to thin it out when blending.
- 1 14-oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. grated lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cups watercress, stems trimmed
- 1 jarred roasted red bell pepper, drained and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 6 slices roasted garlic bread, toasted
Purée beans, lemon juice, lemon zest, and garlic in blender or food processor until smooth.
Toss together watercress, roasted red bell pepper, onion, vinegar, and olive oil in bowl.
Spread each toast slice with 2 Tbs. cannellini bean mixture. Arrange watercress mixture on top.
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2.5 g
- Sodium Content: 346 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g