Serve this easy entrée with a tossed salad and crusty, whole grain bread.
- 1 15.5-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, or as needed
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce for garnish, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
Purée first 6 ingredients in food processor or blender until smooth, adding more oil if needed to process. Transfer to bowl.
Fold in peas and breadcrumbs. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Shape mixture into 6 patties, about 1/3 cup each.
Spray large skillet with cooking spray, and warm over medium heat. Cook patties 5 minutes, or until golden. Spray tops of patties, flip and cook 5 minutes more, or until golden.
Meanwhile, warm spaghetti sauce, if using, in small pan or microwave.
Serve patties with spaghetti sauce, if desired, and parsley.
- Calories: 183
- Carbohydrate Content: 24 g
- Cholesterol Content: 35 mg
- Fat Content: 6.5 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 367 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g