Most people think of red wine when they think sangria, but this punch-like concoction of brandy and wine can also be made with white. This version is lighter and brighter than red sangria—ideal for a hot summer night.
- 1 750-ml. bottle dry white wine
- 1/2 cup passion fruit nectar or peach nectar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbs. brandy
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium-size peaches or nectarines, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup chilled sparkling water or soda water
1. Combine wine, passion fruit nectar, sugar, brandy and lemon juice in pitcher. Stir to mix well. Cover and chill 1 hour, or overnight.
2. Add lemon slices and peach wedges to pitcher. Stir in 2 cups ice cubes and sparkling water. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 88
- Carbohydrate Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 4 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g