These muffins have the look, taste, and texture of whole-wheat muffins without the gluten.
- 3/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose baking mix
- 3/4 cup Whole-Grain Flour Blend
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 Tbs. butter or margarine, melted
- 11/2 cups chopped fresh fruit (such as apples, pears, peaches, or mangoes), or 11/2 cups fresh or frozen berries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds
1 | Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
2| Whisk together gluten-free baking mix, Whole Grain Flour Blend, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3| Whisk together eggs and sugar in large bowl until lightened in color. Whisk in buttermilk and vanilla. Stir in dry mixture, then butter. Fold in fresh fruit and nuts.
4| Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in muffins comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan, then unmold, and cool completely.
- Calories: 204
- Carbohydrate Content: 30 g
- Cholesterol Content: 42 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 374 mg
- Sugar Content: 15 g