A whole head of cauliflower and a brown butter sauce star in this show-stopping dish. The cauliflower head is first simmered with aromatics to infuse it with flavor, then roasted until golden brown.
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered
- 4 large garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 1/2-inch piece peeled ginger, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 1/2 Tbs. plus 1/8 tsp. curry powder, divided
- 1/4 tsp. whole cloves
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 small head cauliflower, leaves removed, stem trimmed (11/4 lb.)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
Lemony Brown Butter
- 3 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 3 Tbs. golden raisins
- 2 tsp. dark rum, optional
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
1. To make Roasted Cauliflower: Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Combine 8 cups water with onion, garlic, ginger, 11/2 Tbs. curry powder, cloves, salt, and peppercorns in large pot; bring to a boil. Add cauliflower, stem side up, and simmer 15 minutes, or until slightly softened. Drain, and pat dry. Rub cauliflower with oil, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Place cauliflower on prepared baking sheet stem side down, and roast 35 to 40 minutes, or until brown and crisp on top.
4. Meanwhile, to make Lemony Brown Butter: Heat butter in small saucepan over medium-high heat 4 minutes, or until milk solids begin to brown. Add raisins and rum (if using). Cool 3 minutes, then stir in lemon juice and zest.
5. Slice cauliflower, and sprinkle with remaining 1/8 tsp. curry powder. Drizzle with Lemony Brown Butter.
- Calories: 155
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Cholesterol Content: 23 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 241 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g