Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This whole roasted cauliflower looks extremely impressive and occasion-worthy – definitely one to snap for the ‘gram – but isn’t particularly difficult to make. The roasty head gets smothered in a crowd-pleasing tahini sauce studded with pomegranate. Crunchy nuts, sweet raisins, and fresh herbs lend even more taste, texture, and color.
More Related Recipes to Try Next:
Cauliflower-Kale Savory Bread Pudding
Butternut Squash Lasagna with Cashew Cauliflower Béchamel
Sweet Thai Peanut Cauliflower Tacos
Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Pomegranate Tahini Sauce, Raisins, and Hazelnuts
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large saucepan, place a steamer basket and a few inches of water. Bring to a boil on medium. Carefully place cauliflower in steamer basket, cover and simmer for 7 minutes.
2. Transfer cauliflower onto prepared baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine oil and paprika. Brush all over outside of cauliflower. Sprinkle with ¾ tsp salt and pepper to taste. Roast until very tender and golden brown, about 45 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk tahini, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, garlic, remaining ½ tsp salt and enough water to make a pourable sauce (start with 2 tbsp water, adding more as needed).
4. Place cauliflower on a rimmed plate or shallow bowl; arrange herbs around. Sprinkle with hazelnuts and raisins. Drizzle with sauce, reserving extra sauce for dipping. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 243
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 444 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g