Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
“More mustard greens!” That’s what the VT staff asked for when they tasted the first version of this recipe. Now it’s an even better source of vitamins C and E. Shaved Parmesan provides tryptophan, and canola oil offers omega-3s.
1. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add mustard greens, and blanch 3 minutes. Remove greens to colander with slotted spoon. Add rotini to
water, and cook according to package directions.
2. Heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add greens, increase heat to medium, and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Drain pasta, and reserve 1/4 cup cooking water. Stir pasta and reserved cooking water into mustard green mixture, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce is hot and bubbly. Serve 1 cup pasta sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Calories 382
- Carbohydrate Content 51 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 137 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g