Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This mango slaw was developed by Whole30 founder Melissa Urban for one of her several books about the popular eating plan, The Whole30 Friends & Family. The vegan salad is vibrant, fresh, colorful, and loaded with flavor. Urban suggests it as a perfect option for camping or picnics; simply prep everything in advance and then pack the salad base, dressing, and garnishes in separate containers. When you get to your destination, toss everything in a bowl together and enjoy. Note: We like this dish regardless of if we’re doing the Whole30 program, but if you are, be sure to read up on the new, plant-based Whole30.
Rainbow Mango Slaw with Almond Butter Dressing and Fresh Herbs
Recipe excerpted from The Whole30 Friends & Family © 2019 by Melissa Hartwig Urban. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
1. Make dressing: In a blender or food processor, combine all dressing ingredients and blend until smooth. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
2. Make slaw: In a lidded container, combine cabbage, purple cabbage, carrots, bell pepper and green onions. Store mango, mint and cashews in separate airtight containers. Store slaw ingredients in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
3. To serve, add mango, about two-thirds of mint and 1 cup of dressing to vegetable mixture; toss. Add additional dressing, if desired. Top with cashews and herbs.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 281
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 380 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g