A sharp knife, a couple of radishes, and some sunflower seeds are all you need to turn black olives into itty-bitty owls.
- 11/2 cups cooked white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large jarred roasted red bell pepper, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 12 pitted black olives
- 12 sunflower seeds
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 24 black sesame rice crackers
- 12 sprigs rosemary or parsley
1. Purée beans, roasted pepper, lemon juice, and parsley in food processor until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup bean mixture.
2. Trim hole ends of olives to allow owl body to stand up straight. Cut thin slices on opposite sides of olives without slicing all the way through to make wings. Pierce tiny holes between owls’ wings, and insert sunflower seeds for beaks. Cut 24 eyes from radish slices, pricking centers to make white pupils.
3. Spread 1 1/2 tsp. bean mixture on each of 12 crackers. Top with remaining crackers. Use dollop of bean mixture to glue 1 sprig rosemary across top of each sandwich. Adhere owls onto rosemary sprigs with bean mixture. Attach radish eyes onto each owl with bean mixture.
- Calories: 98
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 184 mg
- Sugar Content: 0.5 g