This sauce for the ravioli is equally delicious spooned over polenta or grains.
- 1/2 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 4 oz. fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Combine porcini with boiling water. Let stand 20 minutes. Drain through fine sieve, reserving liquid. Chop.
Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots, shiitakes, porcini and crushed red pepper. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring, 5 minutes, until mushrooms release their juices. Add wine, and cook about 5 minutes, or until almost dry.
Add porcini liquid, beans, tomatoes, thyme, salt and pepper. Cover; increase heat to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, and cook, partially covered, 15 minutes.
Purée 1 cup sauce, and return to pot. Stir in lemon juice and parsley. Taste for salt. Serve over ravioli, saving leftover sauce for another use.
- Calories: 140
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 230 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g