East meets West in this salad laced with goji berries, tempeh, and shiitake mushrooms and seasoned with soy sauce and sesame oil.
1. Place hijiki in bowl, cover with cold water, and soak 10 minutes,or until soft. Drain, squeeze out liquid, and set aside.
2. Bring broth to a boil in large saucepan. Add wild rice, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, covered, 40 to 45 minutes, or until tender. Remove lid, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes more. Drain excess liquid.
3. Heat vegetable oil in skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and shallots, and sauté 3 to 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are just soft.
4. Stir in tempeh, tamari, and ginger. Cover, and cook 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Stir in toasted sesame oil, goji berries, and hijiki. Transfer to large bowl, and stir in wild rice. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and stir in pecans. Serve hot or cold, garnished with chopped parsley.