This colorful entrée incorporates American wild rice as well as European flavors—making it truly international.
- 1 2.75-oz. pkg. instant wild rice
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 6 oz. broccoli rabe, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 Tbs.)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
Cook wild rice according to package directions. Set aside.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli rabe and red pepper, and sauté 3 minutes, or until broccoli rabe starts to wilt.
Stir in garlic, oregano, crushed red pepper and wild rice, and sauté 5 minutes more, or until pepper strips are soft and dish is heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spoon onto plates, and sprinkle with cheese crumbles.
- Calories: 214
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Cholesterol Content: 13 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 394 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g