Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Tossing mustard greens in a hot dressing softens them just a bit without compromising their texture and body.
1. Whisk together cranberry juice concentrate and cornstarch in small saucepan to dissolve cornstarch. Stir in oil, frozen cranberries, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Let stand 5 minutes.
2. Toss together mustard greens, apple, and onion in large salad bowl.
3. Bring cranberry mixture to a boil over medium heat. Boil 30 to 40 seconds, or until clear and thick enough to thinly coat spoon, whisking constantly. Pour hot dressing over salad. Toss 1 minute, or until greens wilt slightly. Mix in endive. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories 211
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 156 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g