Crisp Asian pears, tangy blue cheese, and bitter greens are the star ingredients in this wilted spinach salad.
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
- 11/2 Tbs. pear vinegar or unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 6 cups spinach leaves, trimmed
- 11/2 cups torn frisee, escarole, or radicchio
- 1 Asian pear, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted pecan pieces
- 3 Tbs. crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
1. Bring small pot of water to a boil. Add shallot, and blanch 20 seconds. Drain, and toss with vinegar in serving bowl. Add spinach, frisée, pear, pecans, and 2 Tbs. cheese; toss to combine.
2. Heat oil in small skillet until very hot. Pour over salad, and toss with tongs to wilt greens. Sprinkle remaining 1 Tbs. cheese over salad.
- Calories: 85
- Carbohydrate Content: 4 g
- Cholesterol Content: 3 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 67 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g