Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Salty feta, sweet golden raisins, tart lemon, and buttery pine nuts make every bite of this one-bowl meal a taste and textural surprise. You can make it even easier by spiking a prepared salad dressing with feta, dried cranberries, and onion.
1. To make Salad: Put pine nuts in small microwave-safe bowl, and heat on high 30 seconds. Stir, then heat 30 seconds more, or until golden brown. Set aside.
2. Place spinach in large microwave-safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high 1 minute. Toss spinach, then microwave 30 seconds to 1 minute more, or until wilted.
3. To make Dressing: Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, and sugar. Stir in cheese, raisins, and red onion. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour over spinach, and toss to coat. Adjust seasonings, then sprinkle with pine nuts, and serve.
- Calories 301
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 17 mg
- Fat Content 22 g
- Fiber Content 12 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 728 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g