You can prepare the salad plates a few hours ahead and hold at room temperature, covered with plastic wrap. Make the vinaigrette a day or two ahead; shake well and drizzle over salads just before serving.
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (4 oz.)
- 6 cups mesclun (mixed baby lettuces), rinsed and dried
- 2 Bosc pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 6 fresh figs, cut into eighths
- 4 oz. Parmesan cheese, shaved (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread walnuts in baking pan and bake until lightly toasted, stirring once or twice, about 7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Line plates with mesclun. Arrange pear slices on top in fan shape. Scatter figs and cheese over pears. Sprinkle toasted walnuts and parsley over salads.
Make vinaigrette: In glass jar with tight-fitting lid, combine all ingredients and shake well. Just before serving, drizzle vinaigrette over salads and serve.
- Calories: 352
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Cholesterol Content: 13 mg
- Fat Content: 26 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 396 mg