Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, baked
- 8 oz. uncooked lentils, rinsed
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs. maple syrup
- 2 slices whole-grain bread, broken into small pieces
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
Preheat oven to 350ûF. Pierce sweet potatoes and bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool slightly.
Meanwhile, in large saucepan, bring 4 to 5 cups water to a boil. Add lentils, carrot, onion and celery and simmer, partially covered, 30 to 45 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Peel and mash sweet potatoes. Add syrup and mix well. Add drained lentil mixture, bread pieces and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
Form mixture into patties. In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook patties in oil, until browned, 2 minutes per side. Serve warm.
- Calories 144
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 38 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g