When you take a bite to check the seasoning in this dish, it will be hard to resist devouring the whole bowl.
- 2 medium yellow squash, about 1/2 lb., thinly sliced
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 Tbs. butter
- 2 Tbs. heavy cream
Bring two medium saucepans of water to a boil. Add squash to one and reduce heat. Cover and cook until tender, about 6 minutes. Add corn to the other saucepan and cook, uncovered, until tender, about 6 minutes. Drain both well in colander.
Transfer squash and corn to serving bowl. Add butter and cream and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs and serve hot.
- Calories: 128
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Cholesterol Content: 18 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 16 mg