Classic creamed spinach is laced with butter and heavy cream, but we’ve revised the concept to create this easy version that gets its taste and tang from low-fat yogurt and lemon zest.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 16-oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed but not drained
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 11/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 11/2 tsp. minced fresh rosemary
1. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook shallot 5 to 7 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Add spinach, and cook 5 minutes more. Remove from heat.
2. Stir yogurt, lemon zest, and rosemary into spinach mixture, and season with pepper.
- Calories: 107
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Cholesterol Content: 3 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 264 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g