These bars may look green, but each soft, invigorating bite is loaded with sweet lemon flavor and packed with protein. You can use any kind of unflavored, pure green powder here, from spirulina to wheatgrass.
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted (about 16 large)
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 3 Tbs. vanilla plant-based protein powder
- 1 tsp. spirulina powder, or greens powder
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice, plus more if needed
- 1 Tbs. grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat coconut shreds
Pulse dates, almonds, protein powder, spirulina, lemon juice, and lemon zest in food processor until doughlike and thick. Test consistency by pinching dough between two fingers—it should stick together easily. If too dry, add water 1 tsp. at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
Add hemp seeds and coconut shreds, and pulse several times to coarsely chop, while leaving plenty of texture.
Line cutting board with plastic wrap. Press into a compact mound on plastic wrap. Loosely wrap with the plastic, then use rolling pin to firmly flatten into a 1/2-inch-thick rectangle. Unwrap, and cut into bars.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 266
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 12 mg
- Sugar Content: 28 g