These taste even better with a squirt of fresh lime juice.
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil, plus extra for frying
- 1 small white onion, sliced into 1/8-inch slices (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 tsp. minced jalapeno chile with seeds
- 1 cup (1/4 lb.) grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
Warm 2 Tbs. oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes, or until golden. Stir in zucchini, corn and jalapeño. Cook 4 minutes, or until zucchini is tender, stirring often. Remove from heat; add cheese and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
Place 1 tortilla in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Top with 1/4 zucchini mixture, and set second tortilla on top. Cook until cheese begins to melt, pressing down with spatula, about 2 minutes. Flip, and cook 2 minutes more, or until browned. Repeat with remaining tortillas and zucchini mixture. Serve hot with lime wedges.
- Calories: 169
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 190 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g